 Trains / 19000
Re: Train(ee) newbie wants to know how large table?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 14:21:03 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Tobbe Arnesson writes:
Hi all!

During the past six months I've been trying to decide weather to start with
LEGO trains or not. The local toystore has both the 4565 Fraight & Crane
Railway and 4561 Railway Express, another local toystore has a large chunk of
the S@H My Own Train line with a few cars etc.. (I live in Sweden).

The price is a major concern and I've set the boxes down several times waiting
for clearance sales.

Yesterday I got the chance to by 4559 Cargo Railway and 4552 Cargo Crane along
with some extra rail second hand for $85 and I took the chance.

Tobbe, Tobbe....
In August 2000 me and my SO was in Billund, and we bought our first 4561 at
an auction there, for DKK 610. Already then did my housebound say: "We can
afford one train, but not the consequences of starting to collect trains".
By Christmas 2000 we already had one 4565 and a 4560 to go with the first
one, and for the last two years we've bought almost all the second hand
trains we've found, and got S@H-parcels with trains from both Germany and
USA... We now own something like 10 full train sets, plenty of extra rail, 4
extra motors – and even if we bought a 3 story row house when we got a
bigger place, we need to use the church hall to get most of our train-tracks up!

Welcome to the addiction of trains!

aj-ml
Trondheim - Norway