 Trains / 18961
18960  |  18962
Subject:
Train(ee) newbie wants to know how large table?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 07:57:17 GMT

Hi all!

During the past six months I've been trying to decide weather to start with
LEGO trains or not. The local toystore has both the 4565 Fraight & Crane
Railway and 4561 Railway Express, another local toystore has a large chunk of
the S@H My Own Train line with a few cars etc.. (I live in Sweden).

The price is a major concern and I've set the boxes down several times waiting
for clearance sales.

Yesterday I got the chance to by 4559 Cargo Railway and 4552 Cargo Crane along
with some extra rail second hand for $85 and I took the chance.

I have now touched my first trainparts and derailed, put obstacles on the rail
and fooled around a tad. I liked it and will most certainly "get into trains"
for real. Thus I consider myself a Train(ee) newbie :)

Over to the question after this redicoulus long introduction;

I'm moving to a bigger apartment and will get my very own room for LEGO so I
can have a table for a permanent train layout. This is a unique opurtunity I
guess.

How large table do I need for a small layout? My collection is in the 40K range
so I wont add a town around the layout (for now) just the train itself and a
few extras. I own 10 straigts, 24 curved and 2 switching rails. I will probably
get more. I will build my own table so I'm not restricted to default table
sizes, still I don't have *that* much space.

I realize this might be a difficult question but I hope to get a feeling for
the size needed and then adopt it into my own world :)

With many thanks in advance,
/Tobbe
http://www.lotek.nu
(remove SPAM when e-mailing)