 Trains / 18971
Re: Train(ee) newbie wants to know how large table?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 19:57:36 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Tobbe Arnesson writes:
<snip>
I'm moving to a bigger apartment and will get my very own room for LEGO so I
can have a table for a permanent train layout. This is a unique opurtunity I
guess.

How large table do I need for a small layout? My collection is in the 40K range
so I wont add a town around the layout (for now) just the train itself and a
few extras. I own 10 straigts, 24 curved and 2 switching rails. I will probably
get more. I will build my own table so I'm not restricted to default table
sizes, still I don't have *that* much space.

I realize this might be a difficult question but I hope to get a feeling for
the size needed and then adopt it into my own world :)

With many thanks in advance,
/Tobbe
http://www.lotek.nu
(remove SPAM when e-mailing)

Hello there Tobbe, I live in a studio apartment and have room to mount my
layout on a 30"× 72" banquet table w/folding legs. Featuring an oval with a
passing siding, I intend to incorporate a small yard soon.

Due to my small layout, I've chosen to scale down my rolling stock...all my
equipment (including locos) is now four-wheeled so I can have the effect of
'long' trains.

And as for your next train purchase? I'd recommend the 4565 Freight And
Crane Railway (I smell a potential 'set soon to be discontinued' in the air
on this one, which has been in production since 1996!)

Take Care And Enjoy,
-Harvey