 Trains / 18998
Re: Train(ee) newbie wants to know how large table?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 08:49:21 GMT

Hello there Tobbe, I live in a studio apartment and have room to mount my
layout on a 30"× 72" banquet table w/folding legs. Featuring an oval with a
passing siding, I intend to incorporate a small yard soon.

Due to my small layout, I've chosen to scale down my rolling stock...all my
equipment (including locos) is now four-wheeled so I can have the effect of
'long' trains.

My g/f expressed a wish to have a rail long enough for the train to vanish out
of sight for a while. I think I need a bigger apartment even *before* I move in
to the new one :) Not to mention a increased budget for all that rail... Why is
that stuff so expensive?

And as for your next train purchase? I'd recommend the 4565 Freight And
Crane Railway (I smell a potential 'set soon to be discontinued' in the air
on this one, which has been in production since 1996!)

Arrrgh! Don't do this to me, a OnLine toystore has it on sale for $130 (about
25% off normal Swedish retail price). I guess I'll have to check the inventory
and see if it's worth being poor a while...

Take Care And Enjoy,

I will, thanks for the advise!
/Tobbe