 Trains / 18996
Re: Train(ee) newbie wants to know how large table?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 08:35:16 GMT

Is there any standard that's more used then others, as in likely to be picked
if Sweden ever gets a train club?

I make my modules 30" x 45" (2 x 3 large gray baseplates).  I like to orient
them 3 baseplates *deep* so as to give plenty of room to model after having 2
mainlines.

I found 30 x 30 to be a bit small, requiring a lot of tables.  30 x 60 can get
too large and thus harder to transport.  The advantage to 30 x 45 is that you
have the choice to orient them length wise or width wise.

Sounds logic enough.

/Tobbe who's first train MOC might be in Technic scale (it's hard to teach an
ld dog new tricks - Swedish saying)

lol we have the same expression:-)  May I make a suggestion?  Go 16 wide, which
is 1:24 scale.  I use technic figs (with Belville body parts grafted on)-- I
call it "Techville":-) (Belnic sounded too silly;-)

I should take some progress pics of my 16 wides....

It wont be a train in the classic sence. I wont say more :)

I think most expressions are world-wide but I wanted to be on the safe side
(better safe then sorry - that's not a Swedish saying).

Thanks.
/Tobbe