 Trains / 1609
Re: Permanent outdoor train
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 11:57:50 GMT

In article <378946E9.C506EA83@voyager.net>, Larry Pieniazek
<lar@voyager.net> writes

I have to side with Frank on this one... run a 25 car train with 2 2
motor engines and you will see a speed drop on the far side of a 20 foot
loop. (see my apt pictures to see the layout I'm talking about, it's not
that big). Perhaps PNLTC is running those wimpy euro-trains with only
3-4 2 axle cars instead of REAL trains. :-)

I put power leads every 10 feet of track or so to combat it.

Yes. My model railway experience was that multiple feeds work better.
And with outdoor (semi)permanent track there are other factors, such as
the deterioration in quality of the connections between track sections
when they aren't disassembled very often, and the general dirt which
will accumulate on the rail surface.

And hey, we'd all like to run 25 cars; you shouldn't make fun of the
train challenged :-)
--
Tony Priestman