 Trains / 1559
Re: Permanent outdoor train
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 5 Jul 1999 13:35:49 GMT

LEGO tracks are not fit for outside usage and as far as I know there is no
standard gauge close enough to use instead. Duplo trains will do better
though :-)

Eric, is this hard earned experence?

Please, share the details.  I'd think that they would be OK outside...what
happenes?  do they rust?  I don't think that they'd melt/distort too much over
a year or so...Anyone got any real experence?

All that I have read on garden railways in OO and so on use plastic/nickle
silver track...and I don't know what the conductor part of the lego rail is
made of.
(I know the plastic is ABS with a UV stabalizer...I'd expect it to last 5 or so
years outside under moderate sunshine)

James