 Trains / 1539

Subject:
Permanent outdoor train
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 1 Jul 1999 16:44:09 GMT

As I get closer to actually buying a house, I've been doing some more
thinking about a future garden railroad. How well suited to a permanent
outdoor setup is the Lego track? If it isn't suitable, is the guage
close enough to any model railroad guage which could be used for track
(of course one could always handlay track to the Lego guage if
necessary)? I know it might anethema to mix Lego with non-Lego, but I
don't want to risk my Lego track if it won't be suitable.

--
Frank Filz

-----------------------------
Work: mailto:ffilz@us.ibm.com
Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com

Re: Permanent outdoor train
As I get closer to actually buying a house, I've been doing some more
thinking about a future garden railroad. How well suited to a permanent
outdoor setup is the Lego track? If it isn't suitable, is the guage
close enough to any model railroad guage which could be used for track
(of course one could always handlay track to the Lego guage if
necessary)? I know it might anethema to mix Lego with non-Lego, but I
don't want to risk my Lego track if it won't be suitable.

LEGO tracks are not fit for outside usage and as far as I know there is no
standard gauge close enough to use instead. Duplo trains will do better
though :-)

Eric

Re: Permanent outdoor train