 Trains / 1724
Re: Permanent outdoor train
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 29 Jul 1999 02:33:55 GMT

Carbon 60 wrote:

Larry Pieniazek wrote:
c /many of the /some of the less important / and I agree. :-)

'I don't get it.'

Peco invented OO, no? How important is that, really?

I'd say HO, N, Mantua couplers, Kaydee couplers and command control are
all more important. Peco invented none of those, I don't think.

Um?  By volume, OO is bigger than HO.  They Invented 2 different types of OO
couplers, and were the first with a large (mass produced) scale track system.
(which is a standard throughout the world...go into most good hobbyshops and
you will see Peco track)

Command Control was invented by GE, and the rest was an attempt to make a
american style coupler that worked.  (and I'd hardly call non Kadee couplers
have much on the way of working...)

HO is a german invention, and OOO predates N :)

James