 Trains / 1606
Re: Permanent outdoor train
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 00:58:22 GMT

Dan Parker wrote in message ...
In lugnet.trains, Tony Priestman writes:
(snip)
I suggest making a track gauge for the correct Lego width, and making
your own, using model railway materials. Also bear in mind that if you
have long runs of track, you will have to add additional power feeds: 9V
doesn't go very far :-)
--
Tony Priestman
from PNLTC's show experience, I can attest that one can operate with loops • of

Hm, that's interesting, because I had noticed trains slowing down on the
other side of my 4'x6' table. But maybe I'm imagining things, or maybe it's
not level enough. Was that with a single motor on the track, or more than
one? Two motors will essentially double the voltage drop (twice the current
being drawn). My primary engines are all dual powered (partly because I've
got the motors, partly for appearance, partly for performance on grades).

Frank