 Trains / 1563
Re: Permanent outdoor train
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 5 Jul 1999 22:42:40 GMT

You could do what LL USA did-- lay your own track.  Make it the same gauge as
9v, and use O scale rails.  Points might get tricky, but I think that would be
the way to go.

-John

Eric Brok wrote:

James Powell wrote in message ...

LEGO tracks are not fit for outside usage and as far as I know there is no
standard gauge close enough to use instead. Duplo trains will do better
though :-)

Eric, is this hard earned experence?

Please, share the details.  I'd think that they would be OK outside...what
happenes?  do they rust?  I don't think that they'd melt/distort too much • over
a year or so...Anyone got any real experence?

Sorry, no actual experience. I just *expect* them to rust from rain and
distort from sun heat.
If you don't care wasting your track over a year or so it may do ofcourse.

Eric