 Town / 9518
Re: 10182 Cafe Corner... WOW
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2007 18:29:05 GMT

In lugnet.town, Jonathan Lopes wrote:
   Price. I can’t see the day where I would spend more than $40-$50 (if even that) on a set any more. Not that I disagree with you or feel it is not worth whatever the price will be. I just don’t spend that kind of money on sets. I’d rather go to Bricklink or PAB and get exactly what I need.

Ahh, ok. I thought it might be either the price tag or the bley issue, but just checking.

For myself, I’ve found buying sets to be kinda helpful insofar as it exposes me to new pieces and increases my collection’s potential. Kind of like when I suddenly needed hundreds of this piece: . It’s not something I ever would have thought to buy (certainly not in quantity), but it was kind of like magic suddenly realizing that I had about 200 of them, because I happened to have bought sets that had them. Of course, it does mean obviously that I get bunches of pieces I never use, but still-- I’m often suprised at what I end up using!

DaveE