 Town / 9517
Re: 10182 Cafe Corner... WOW
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2007 18:17:06 GMT

In lugnet.town, David Eaton wrote:
   In lugnet.town, Jonathan Lopes wrote:
   Amazing lego set. I can’t see myself buying it,

Huh-- why is that? I’d think it would make a fantastic set for various parts, even if you’re not interested in the model (since it might not necessarily fit into your desired scale or scheme).

DaveE

Price. I can’t see the day where I would spend more than $40-$50 (if even that) on a set any more. Not that I disagree with you or feel it is not worth whatever the price will be. I just don’t spend that kind of money on sets. I’d rather go to Bricklink or PAB and get exactly what I need.

The drawback to this approach, for me, is not seeing the building instructions and learning potential new building techniques.

Again, to be very clear: It is not because I don’t think it is worth the money or an incredible set. I am very happy to see it as a set and everything that it stands for with regards to the community and experienced builder. I am not intending to come across negatively in anyway with regards to this set.

It is awesome.

Jonathan