 Town / 9532
Re: 10182 Cafe Corner... WOW
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2007 00:23:28 GMT

In lugnet.town, David Eaton wrote:
   In lugnet.town, John Gerlach wrote:
   Is the interior detailed, as well?

Looks like not. I had heard early on that this wouldn’t have an interior, and it looks like that’s confirmed if you check out the images of the box. But it DOES appear that it might have floors that are ready to be furnished as you see fit. Not sure.

   I mentioned to a coworker that lately Lego seems to be producing more sets that appeal to adults more than kids. (Not that I’m complaining... *grin*)

I think one of the other appeals will be to the albeit small female market. The few women I’ve known who have talked about liking Lego as children often reflected on how they liked the less “action-packed” sets (like police stations and fire houses), preferring houses, stores, etc.

How awesome would it be to see sets in this genre coming out more frequently? A school, library, playground, town hall, corner grocery store, etc? I can’t wait.

DaveE

I saw this set up close a couple of weeks ago. It is truly a sight to see, but I can confirm that the interiors are NOT furnished. The next Brick Jornal (out next week, I think) will have more on this, I presume.

Mike (not on NDA, but not at liberty to disclose anything further, either.) 8-)