 Town / 9528
Re: 10182 Cafe Corner... WOW
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2007 20:30:03 GMT

In lugnet.town, John Neal wrote:
   In lugnet.town, Michael Shiels wrote:

   AND (drum roll please) USD MSRP is 140, which is not bad.

Hmmm, for that price I can go to Bricklink and create a similar sized KILLER MOC™ of my own design.

What’s interesting to me is that I blanche at that price point, but I’ll spend whatever it takes to build my own. Go figure.

JOHN
I have to agree with you John, about the pricing situation. For that money you can get quite a haul at Bricklink.

What I don’t like about the model is the windows. Granted the arches over them on the 2nd and 3rd floor give it a nice Victorian look, but what is with mixing bley first floor windows with white ones above? And what are those windows made from on the 2nd floor (below the arched castle windows)?

Mercifully this set doesn’t include the use of antennas and clear bricks to make windows.

TLG really does need to come out with some new windows. Good lord the toy of the century doesn’t even have a selection of windows that actually match each other.

Back in 1963 TEN PERCENT of all the different LEGO elements were WINDOWS!!!

Today it is less than 1/100th of 1% !!!

(Bringing up my lack-of-LEGO-windows crusade once again....) :-D

Gary Istok