 Technic / 9784
Re: Working LEGO Clock Tower
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 1 Apr 2003 16:28:51 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Chris Phillips writes:
Inspired by the works of Leo Dorst and Eric Harshbarger, I set out to build
a working clock mechanism in a form factor that could be displayed on a
train layout.  The result of this two-week effort is my LEGO Clock Tower,
which made its debut on NELUG's train layout at the Greenberg train show
this past weekend.  Except for a two-pound weight and a length of cotton
twine, the entire clock mechanism is made out of unmodified, non-electric
LEGO pieces.

I am working on a complete write-up about this project, but here are a few
preliminary pictures:

Wow is that cool. So what kind of comments from the audience did it get?
This seems like a really neat thing to have at a show, that's for sure.

spotlighted.