 Technic / 9813
Re: Working LEGO Clock Tower
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 2003 17:16:13 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Jorge Fernandez writes:
In lugnet.announce.moc, Chris Phillips writes:
I took it apart a few times to show people how it works, but I was trying to
let it run continuously and undisturbed as much as possible during the show.

Chris,

For the next show, you could build a replica of the clock mechanism and have
it handy, so you can show it to people without having to mess with the tower.

I saw it running for a two hour stretch with only a two minutes delay or so,
it's really amazing that it actually fits such a small space. Impressive.

J.-

That's a good idea.  I made the roof lift off easily, but since the clock
was in the middle of the layout nobody could look inside anyway.  Maybe next
time we can put it closer to the outer edge of the layout somehow.  >>sound
of gears grinding<<  Have to give that some more thought.  Good thing I have
a whole two months before the next show-- luxury!!!

Having an extra mechanism on hand for closer inspection would be a good
idea, too.  I'll have to think of a way to build one that puts the guts on
display.  It is pretty cool to watch it run.

- Chris.