 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 4061
Re: BrickOS Patches and Development
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 15 Jun 2010 07:35:44 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Carl Troein wrote:
Another thing: We should have a good asm implementation of the Power
Functions protocol. I've ordered the Emerald Night collection so soon
I'll have some power functions parts and a reason to control them
with BrickOS. Hopefully that will lead to something.

I've recently mucked about with the Power Functions protocol, and got a proof of
concept running on the RCX using brickOS. The main problem is that it's quite
timing sensitive, so this code only worked reliably with interrupts disabled
(looking at the oscilloscope).

The sample code is at http://www.algonet.se/~yann/powerfunctions.c

The timing requirements are probably more lax in reality (PF protocol spec cites
ranges like 316-526us for a 0 bit), but my code was thrown off by whole periods
(of the 38kHz modulation signal) as other interrupts occurred.