 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 4039
Re: Preserving old-school Mindstorms resources
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 14 Apr 2009 02:31:38 GMT

A list of all the current versions and patches, along with links and
perhaps backups would be very useful.

Nice to see a few of us share the interest.  :-)  The best I can offer for a
list of patches is what I listed in the post here [
http://news.lugnet.com/robotics/rcx/legos/?n=4032&t=i&v=a ], along with
Carl's follow-up post.  That list was culled from links I've collected over
the years.  As was noted, there are different patches out there for
different versions of BrickOS, and those two posts are an effort to merge
together appropriate patches against the latest SourceForge version of
BrickOS.  From Carl's post, the link to download the latest version of this
collection of patches is
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2722649&group_id=58151&atid=486699 .
The patches are numbered and are intended to be applied in numerical order.

As was also noted, patches yet to be merged deal with "reliable LNP," task
prioritization, task scheduling, memory allocation, real-time sensors, etc.

To the tools versions--
* binutils: 2.16.1 - h8300 COFF support was dropped from subsequent
releases, so unless BrickOS is updated to h8300 ELF, we will have to stick
with this version
* gcc: 3.4.6 - this is the version that I use; I think Carl has had some
success with some releases in the version 4 series

Dr. Jochen Hoenicke's Bibo is also worth considering as a "next version" of
BrickOS.  I have started going through that list of patches to carry over
any relevant changes to Bibo.  If I can get them ported over to Bibo, I
expect I will base any of my future "legOS" development on Bibo.

For some 404 pages, http://www.archive.org/ might be your friend; no
guarantees, though.

Hope this helps,
Matthew