 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 4043
Re: Preserving old-school Mindstorms resources
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 20 Apr 2009 18:29:14 GMT

Revised version [BrickOS patches] at
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2722649&group_id=58151&atid=486699

Now for Bibo....  I have merged these patch rollup collections with Bibo
(where appropriate) and have posted the resulting diff files to
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2773502&group_id=58151&atid=486699

I have found two problems with the patches. I narrowed down the problems to
specific patches from the Bibo set. However the symptoms are identical under
BrickOS so I assume they would be linked to the same patches there.

Patch 10: Under Ubuntu with the usb tower, this causes firmdl3 to exit with
error "read: resource temporarily available". However the light does light up on
the tower for a small moment.

Patch 11: This seems to do something funny with the motors. Power does not seem
to be supplied to the motors. when running the motor, the arrows appear on the
lcd however there is no power being outputted.