 Pirates / 1722
1721  |  1723
Subject:
Dread Pirate Roberts (was "The Wobbegong sails forth")
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build.minifigs
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 05:16:40 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Martin Scragg writes:

In lugnet.loc.au, Richie Dulin writes:

My current pirate ship, the Revenge
(captained by one Dread Pirate Roberts)

Is that THE Dread Pirate Roberts?

I just thought of how to build a "Dread Pirate Roberts"
Lego minifig in real life (if you're willing to do
a minor amount of "artistic re-touching").
First, take a classic "sunglasses" minifig head,
paint small white eyeholes (one on each of the "lenses")
as well as a pointed moustache (in brown).
Then, take an unpainted black torso, and paint
a thin white outline of the shirt's collar,
and then paint the yellow neckline.
Then, after the paint is all dry, assemble the appropriate
other parts (black legs and black head-scarf).

For inspiration, may I provide the following Lego-CAD imagery:
"http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fwcain/npcs/dread_pirate_roberts.gif"
"http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fwcain/npcs/dread_pirate_roberts.jpg"

(The next time I do a trade with craigo-lego,
I may have to ask him to do this for me... ;-)

Hope this helps.  Please LMKWYT.
Thanks,
Franklin