 Local / Australia / 4767
  The Wobbegong sails forth

I finally finished my pirate vessel The Wobbegong last weekend. As regular readers will doubtless know, this pirate vessel was being constructed from a rather pirate-free Lego collection. It was loosely based on the Black Sea Barracuda, but it got (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: The Wobbegong sails forth

Any pictures? (And how can we help the ex-Melbourne islanders?) ROSCO Kerry Raymond <kerry@dstc.edu.au> wrote in message news:GA4DJK.FCI@lugnet.com... (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: The Wobbegong sails forth

(...) I intend to try to get some pictures, but I have the world's worst digital camera -- most close-up photos are too blurry to use. I might end up doing 35mm (since I've got a near-full roll to D&P anyway). As for the Islanders? Well, what can I (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: The Wobbegong sails forth

Hi! I've xposted this to .pirates because, well, we in .pirates love pirates and we love you (awwww) but a few of the .pirates folks don't (gasp) check .loc.au... (...) I'm looking forward to it! It's definitely and indubitably true that a decent (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: The Wobbegong sails forth

(...) I managed to get 2 just-usable digital pictures (and a lot of un-usable ones -- my macro mode is useless!). See them at: (URL) (23 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: The Wobbegong sails forth

(...) Well, I did have some piratey bits, but I generally agree with you that it should be possible. However, what about the ratlines? I ended up with a non-Lego solution there. Do you have a better Lego-based solution? Kerry (23 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: The Wobbegong sails forth

(...) managed to make a pretty convincing pirate ship. Looking forward to some more pictures from your real camera. Martin (S) (23 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: The Wobbegong sails forth

(...) (URL) I particularly liked the skeleton hangng from the halyard(?). Pirates in Brisbane eh? Sounds like a job for <<pause and flourish>> Captain Sheridan of the Agamemnon ((URL) of Port Block ;-) (...) This is a cackle - what else is there to (...) (23 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: The Wobbegong sails forth

(...) Yes, it wasn't just the Islanders that suffered at the hands of the pirates on the Wobbegong. The Flying Ninja Fortress was also raided and lost their red-capped skeleton and all those ninja-blue-with-gold hatch covers. Fort Legoredo also (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: The Wobbegong sails forth

(...) Indeed. Just look at the "Indescribable" and friends!! ROSCO (23 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: The Wobbegong sails forth

(...) I've done masts with technic beams mounted on end. Side by side for thicker sections, single beam for thinner ones and bowsprits. My current pirate ship, the Revenge (captained by one Dread Pirate Roberts), is twin masted (from two flybos) and (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: The Wobbegong sails forth

(...) Is that THE Dread Pirate Roberts? Do you have Miracle Max on board as well? Martin (23 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: The Wobbegong sails forth

(...) Well, as much THE as any Dread Pirate Roberts is ;-) Black legs, black torso, black hands, "Errol Flynn" head, black head skarf (obviously, this is after he took of the mask). (...) Inconceivable! Cheers Richie (23 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: The Wobbegong sails forth

(...) Good work, Kerry, it certainly looks like a pirate ship should. Those sails worked out OK, you might have to corner the market on that material. pete.w (23 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Dread Pirate Roberts (was "The Wobbegong sails forth")

(...) I just thought of how to build a "Dread Pirate Roberts" Lego minifig in real life (if you're willing to do a minor amount of "artistic re-touching"). First, take a classic "sunglasses" minifig head, paint small white eyeholes (one on each of (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build.minifigs)

  Re: The Wobbegong sails forth (or affirmative action in action)

(...) Inevitably those who live by the sword die by the sword! Last weekend the crew of the Wobbegong were beheaded by a band of marauding women. The Wobbegong is now in the possession of a new all-female crew. Being a bunch of house-proud little (...) (23 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: The Wobbegong sails forth (or affirmative action in action)

(...) "Awww, the faeries bring us luck, kill 'em, kill 'em all" -The mad scottish groundskeeper Willie, The Simpsons Cat, Kitten or Target? You decide! James (who thought he'd share that with you all...) P.S. For reference, stay away from (URL) (23 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: The Wobbegong sails forth (or affirmative action in action)

(...) Or die by being sawed. (...) At the Nepean River Bend Sink Hole, Red Beard the (female) pirate has been recruiting females for crewing the Red Beard Rutter. Those red hulls are kind of hard to come by, but wenches are in good supply, seeing (...) (23 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: The Wobbegong sails forth

(...) thank you! I am out of words at the moment... It is so good to see a that a pirate ship can be made from semi available parts. I want to do a Fabuland one and have been stimied from lack of parts and just plain not knowing how to begin. Your (...) (23 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: The Wobbegong sails forth (or affirmative action in action)

(...) No, only the heads. The attack was made by a group of female heads (thanks Eli!). When they rolled by and saw poor Princess Leia cut off at the waist for a figurehead, they were angered and they determined to avenge her. After beheading the (...) (23 years ago, 27-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.au)