 People / 1204
Re: LEGO Survivor Early Voting Underway!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people, lugnet.build, lugnet.fun, lugnet.loc.us.ny.ny
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 2000 00:43:52 GMT

In lugnet.fun, Shiri Dori writes:
...Timmy is originally from the Time Cruisers' sets, and later beamed himself
somehow into freestyle. He is detested mostly everywhere. I never understood
why, until I got ahold of one of them... and then another, and another... they
are impossible to get rid of... and there is absolutely no use for one of
them, let alone *multiples*.

Now hold on a second, Timmy is an essential part of the Lego universe.  Every
world needs an innumerable horde of indistinguishably hideous creatures of
evil against which the forces of good can struggle.  Tolkien had had the orcs,
Star Trek has the Borg, the United States has lawyers, and the Lego world has
Timmy.

It is almost certain that the Timmies have dark and supernatural powers, which
allow them to breed explosively in giant swarms.  It is unclear how they've
managed to spread so virulently into so many Lego sets - two theories under
investigation are that they are either able to disguise their eggs to look
like innocuous Lego bricks, or they are the product of some kind of Timmy
retrovirus which lays dormant on the surface of regular bricks until picked up
by unsuspecting minifigs during the course of unprotected construction.

I, for one, can never seem to get enough Timmies for my Timmy Army, which is
used to train Anti-Timmy Shock Troops and for 'research' purposes.

- Mike Rayhawk.