 Parts / Custom / 78
Re: New Parts Drawings - Plates, Slope, Track Pieces
Newsgroups:
lugnet.parts.custom
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2005 03:11:52 GMT

In lugnet.parts.custom, Mark Bellis wrote:
   I wish TLC would make these parts. Seeing earlier discussions I think I’m not alone! I’ve attempted 3rd angle projection drawings, showing top, side and underside, despite not having a drawing package. Drawing these parts in Paint is eyestrain city!

(with random snippage)

Your drawings are excellent! What detail!

   4x4 round plate with extra holes. The holes allow two or four round bricks to be supported by axles through the plate and also allow 4-wide cylinders to be made without technic peg holes in the sides, from the bricks you’d otherwise use: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/mbellis/New-Parts/Designed-Only/Plates/4x4_round_plate.bmp (For TLC’s benefit, the holes also save on raw plastic!)

All of your ideas (and that of the earlier, similar posts) are good. But, I’m not sure what this could be used for, although ANY 4x4 round plate would be welcomed, with or without the axle holes.

   I’d encourage you to share them too. I propose these as parts for TLC to make. Please indicate which of them you would find useful.

Another time, I might draw a few of the parts that I’ve made from existing ones - the tried and tested selection!

PLMKWYT

Mark

This is a great topic/post! Spotlighted!

How about a regular 2x2 brick, with 2 studs on each side? It would be similar to this, but larger:

Also, (and I don’t mean to hijack this thread), but why is TLC able to produce new molds for parts each year, but cannot seem to fix or replace their older molds, such as that for the cypress tree, or the 1x1 ‘window’ brick? I’d prefer the availability of previously-made parts, rather than new ones.

With an open can of worms in hand, :)

Nelson