 Parts / Custom / 82
Re: New Parts Drawings - Plates, Slope, Track Pieces
Newsgroups:
lugnet.parts.custom
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2005 17:59:04 GMT

In lugnet.parts.custom, Darrell Urbien wrote:
   In lugnet.parts.custom, Mark Bellis wrote:
   I wish TLC would make these parts. Seeing earlier discussions I think I’m not alone! I’ve attempted 3rd angle projection drawings, showing top, side and underside, despite not having a drawing package. Drawing these parts in Paint is eyestrain city!

YIKES!

The numbers along the edges are measurements in millimetres, assuming 8mm to a stud. I drew the parts at 16 pixels per millimetre, to get plenty of detail.

3x3 33 degree inner corner slope brick: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/mbellis/New-Parts/Designed-Only/Slopes/33_deg_inner_corner_slope.bmp

Well, OK, this is what I need for my students to model parts in AutoCAD! I tried this one because it looked the easiest; I’ll do the others if there’s interest. I don’t know if anyone else has mocked these up already..

It took me about 10 minutes, but mainly because I had to figure out how STL2DAT worked (I usually use 3DWin, but it didn’t do such a great job). It looks OK in MLCAD, but I know it’s pretty messy.. I guess good enough to throw a MOC together for fun.

Darrell

Are you doing 3rd angle projection or 3D?

10 minutes is a lot less than it took me in Paint. I suppose once you’re trained in AutoCAD, a lot of things are quick.

Could you post jpegs of the results?

I created bits like studs in the drawing and did a lot of copying and pasting. getting them to line up well with a limited screen size was the main problem in Paint. I suppose the CAD packages automatically line things up for you.

Mark