 Parts / Custom / 75

Subject:
New Parts Drawings - Plates, Slope, Track Pieces
Newsgroups:
lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2005 23:28:06 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

I wish TLC would make these parts. Seeing earlier discussions I think I’m not alone! I’ve attempted 3rd angle projection drawings, showing top, side and underside, despite not having a drawing package. Drawing these parts in Paint is eyestrain city!

The numbers along the edges are measurements in millimetres, assuming 8mm to a stud. I drew the parts at 16 pixels per millimetre, to get plenty of detail.

3x3 33 degree inner corner slope brick: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/mbellis/New-Parts/Designed-Only/Slopes/33_deg_inner_corner_slope.bmp

1x2 hinge plate, sadly made as obsolete as its single-ended cousins by click-hinges: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/mbellis/New-Parts/Designed-Only/Plates/1x2_hinge_plate.bmp I originally wanted this piece for mudguards on technic vehicles, to remove the need to use pairs of single-ended hinges to form the curve over the wheel.

4x4 round plate with extra holes. The holes allow two or four round bricks to be supported by axles through the plate and also allow 4-wide cylinders to be made without technic peg holes in the sides, from the bricks you’d otherwise use: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/mbellis/New-Parts/Designed-Only/Plates/4x4_round_plate.bmp (For TLC’s benefit, the holes also save on raw plastic!)

For train fans, a few shorter track pieces, both curved and straight: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/mbellis/New-Parts/Designed-Only/Trains/new_track_pieces.bmp These would open the geometrical possibilities right up! Ideally they’d be supplied in packs of eight pieces each. I would certainly buy several packs of each, as long as they were the same colour as the rest of the track.

When I met Jake, he encouraged me to share these ideas for parts. After all, there’s no shortage of new parts coming from TLC every year, so why not let some of them be ones that will be more useful to AFOLs? If you have any drawings of your own prospective new parts, I’d encourage you to share them too. I propose these as parts for TLC to make. Please indicate which of them you would find useful.

Another time, I might draw a few of the parts that I’ve made from existing ones - the tried and tested selection!

PLMKWYT

Mark

Re: New Parts Drawings - Plates, Slope, Track Pieces