 Parts / Custom / 87
Re: New Parts Drawings - Plates, Slope, Track Pieces
Newsgroups:
lugnet.parts.custom
Date:
Sat, 5 Feb 2005 01:00:45 GMT

In lugnet.parts.custom, William R. Ward wrote:
   The piece I really want is 2x5 or 1x5 (or x7) bricks and plates. When building a MOC that’s an odd number of studs wide, you have to either make it asymmetrical or use x1 and x3 bricks which aren’t good for structural support.

I’ve always found it interesting that 1x3 and 2x3 bricks and plates are the only odd length elements of those general categories. As you mention, there’s no 1x5, no 2x5, no 1x7, no 2x9 and so on.

I assume this is by design, but then you have to ask the question, “why not just make them?” I’m not suggesting they dash off to the factory to start churning out 1x13 bricks, but I think that perhaps the Nx5 and Nx7 pieces could be a significant addition to what I think of as *classic* elements. i.e. ones that either were or look like they could have been around since the late 50’s.

Best regards,
Allan B.
The LEGO Builder’s Guide