 Parts / Custom / 75
  New Parts Drawings - Plates, Slope, Track Pieces

I wish TLC would make these parts. Seeing earlier discussions I think I'm not alone! I've attempted 3rd angle projection drawings, showing top, side and underside, despite not having a drawing package. Drawing these parts in Paint is eyestrain city! (...) (19 years ago, 2-Feb-05, to lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, FTX) !!

  Re: New Parts Drawings - Plates, Slope, Track Pieces

(...) Mark, You are most definitely not alone. :) I'm guessing one of the earlier discussions you might be referring to would be this one: (URL) I must admit, I love this topic. I think as much effort, if not more, should go into which parts the (...) (19 years ago, 3-Feb-05, to lugnet.parts.custom, FTX)

  Re: New Parts Drawings - Plates, Slope, Track Pieces

(...) Very cool--I'll take those over new Bionicle parts any day. I can see the victorian porches now with that sloped brick... I wonder if you could add this to your part list, I was just thinking about this yesterday...here's what I had--I can (...) (19 years ago, 3-Feb-05, to lugnet.parts.custom, FTX)

  Re: New Parts Drawings - Plates, Slope, Track Pieces

(...) (with random snippage) Your drawings are excellent! What detail! (...) All of your ideas (and that of the earlier, similar posts) are good. But, I'm not sure what this could be used for, although ANY 4x4 round plate would be welcomed, with or (...) (19 years ago, 4-Feb-05, to lugnet.parts.custom, FTX)

  Re: New Parts Drawings - Plates, Slope, Track Pieces

(...) YIKES! (...) Well, OK, this is what I need for my students to model parts in AutoCAD! I tried this one because it looked the easiest; I'll do the others if there's interest. I don't know if anyone else has mocked these up already.. It took me (...) (19 years ago, 4-Feb-05, to lugnet.parts.custom, FTX)

  Re: New Parts Drawings - Plates, Slope, Track Pieces

(...) OK, so the piece is like this: 1. The base is 3x3. 2. Is the corner a right angle, an 8mm radius curve, or a 16mm radius curve, like this piece? (URL) 3. I assume it has 2x2 studs on top, as if two 2x3s with curved top had been superimposed at (...) (19 years ago, 4-Feb-05, to lugnet.parts.custom, FTX)

  Re: New Parts Drawings - Plates, Slope, Track Pieces

(...) Thanks, I like to do a proper job :-) (...) Up to now, there is no plate to go with the 4x4 round brick and the half cylinders. This means that unless your round bricks have exactly 4 bricks between them, you can't support them at the side (...) (19 years ago, 4-Feb-05, to lugnet.parts.custom, FTX)

  Re: New Parts Drawings - Plates, Slope, Track Pieces

(...) Are you doing 3rd angle projection or 3D? 10 minutes is a lot less than it took me in Paint. I suppose once you're trained in AutoCAD, a lot of things are quick. Could you post jpegs of the results? I created bits like studs in the drawing and (...) (19 years ago, 4-Feb-05, to lugnet.parts.custom, FTX)

  Re: New Parts Drawings - Plates, Slope, Track Pieces

(...) So, like one of these? (URL) Diagonal edge (URL) Round edge Steve (19 years ago, 4-Feb-05, to lugnet.parts.custom, FTX)

  Re: New Parts Drawings - Plates, Slope, Track Pieces

Oops, sorry. Here are some deep links, to use until the folder is moderated... (...) (URL) (...) (URL) Steve (19 years ago, 4-Feb-05, to lugnet.parts.custom, FTX)

  Re: New Parts Drawings - Plates, Slope, Track Pieces

(...) If you're going to explore these kinds of things, I recommend you learn how to create LDraw parts (or what's easier, editing existing ones). It's really not that hard. Also in many cases you can get a pretty good approximatin by just (...) (19 years ago, 5-Feb-05, to lugnet.parts.custom, FTX)

  Re: New Parts Drawings - Plates, Slope, Track Pieces

The piece I really want is 2x5 or 1x5 (or x7) bricks and plates. When building a MOC that's an odd number of studs wide, you have to either make it asymmetrical or use x1 and x3 bricks which aren't good for structural support. (19 years ago, 5-Feb-05, to lugnet.parts.custom, FTX)

  Re: New Parts Drawings - Plates, Slope, Track Pieces

(...) I've always found it interesting that 1x3 and 2x3 bricks and plates are the only odd length elements of those general categories. As you mention, there's no 1x5, no 2x5, no 1x7, no 2x9 and so on. I assume this is by design, but then you have (...) (19 years ago, 5-Feb-05, to lugnet.parts.custom, FTX)

  Re: New Parts Drawings - Plates, Slope, Track Pieces

(...) Well, they've recently started producing 5L and 7L technic axles, which have proved extremely useful (thanks!). And I always love to bring up the (URL) 5x9 plate> they documented but never made :) ROSCO (19 years ago, 5-Feb-05, to lugnet.parts.custom, FTX)

  Re: New Parts Drawings - Plates, Slope, Track Pieces

(...) Hi, Yeah, I'm working in ACIS Solids, then exporting to STL, then from STL2DAT. I'll try to do a few more this weekend and post the results to the same folder. Something to do between TO soundbytes, anyway. Is the DAT file helpful at all, or (...) (19 years ago, 5-Feb-05, to lugnet.parts.custom, FTX)

  Re: New Parts Drawings - Plates, Slope, Track Pieces

(...) Please don't go to a lot of trouble on my account! It's just that I usually post jpegs or bitmaps of things to my Brickshelf, since anyone can view them without any special software. I'm not seriously into CAD! If I had the facilities to (...) (19 years ago, 5-Feb-05, to lugnet.parts.custom, FTX)

  Re: New Parts Drawings - Plates, Slope, Track Pieces

(...) Please consider not posting bitmaps. They are very space intensive and take a long time to load. Instead use a lossless compressed format like .gif if you can. In my view jpegs are not as good for things like line drawings, they are better for (...) (19 years ago, 5-Feb-05, to lugnet.parts.custom, FTX)

  Visio and Picture formats (was New Parts Drawings - Plates, Slope, Track Pieces)

(...) I only use bitmaps when they are smaller than the equivalent jpeg - ie they are monochrome ones. This was the case for the parts I've drawn so far. I've used jpegs for colour pictures up to now. I did a test with the 4x4 round plate drawing: (...) (19 years ago, 5-Feb-05, to lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: New Parts Drawings - Plates, Slope, Track Pieces

(...) Mark, You’re not alone. There are a lot of people with part wishes. Sorry, I don't have drawings but I also have a lot of wishes for TLC. I would like to have additional technic gears (with 10, 14, 18, 22, 28 and 32 teeth). I know I can (...) (19 years ago, 5-Feb-05, to lugnet.parts.custom, FTX)

  Re: New Parts Drawings - Plates, Slope, Track Pieces

(...) Hi, No real "trouble" - I do this for a living. It's the DAT conversion that's slightly fussy. If you're not using MLCAD with your custom parts, I don't know if there's much demand otherwise! So I may as well just skip that bit. (...) Somehow (...) (19 years ago, 6-Feb-05, to lugnet.parts.custom, FTX)

  Re: New Parts Drawings - Plates, Slope, Track Pieces

(...) In 1997 I sent TLC a sketch of some parts I wanted them to make, including 12 and 20 tooth cogs. Lo and behold the cogs appeared in the Droid Developer Kit in 1999! I had decided that 12:20 would mesh in the same holes as 16:16 and 8:24 for (...) (19 years ago, 11-Feb-05, to lugnet.parts.custom, FTX)