 Off-Topic / Debate / 27848
Re: 2nd Joe Vig contest entry - How Joe learned to stop worrying and love the bomb
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2006 17:35:23 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

*However*, I would have also specified that, in lieu of Ron's head, you could
use the classic smilie face 'cause that's all there was from '78 until a few
years back--and if people stopped pruchasing LEGO in the past decade, they would
not have had any minifig head besides the classic smilie face.

I stopped purchasing Lego before 1978, and I *demand* to be able to
submit a Joe Vig contest entry using my blank-faced and armless old
minifigs. With a police hat, not the fancy brown male hair from 1979.

I also see the need for an alternative using only regular bricks to
build Joe, in case someone stopped purchasing Lego before the early
1970's and feels left out.

We also need rules for a 2:1 scale 16x16 vig where you don't need
to have access to the fancy new 1xN slim bricks introduced in the
sixties.

Seriously, I doubt that anyone on Lugnet has *stopped* buying Lego.
I did stop before 1978, but I soon started again, when Technic
took off and became a good excuse to keep buying.
In my opinion, a vignette entry and any other public posting is
a good and welcome *reason* to buy a few extra pieces.

But I can quit any time I want. Really. Just not right now.