 Off-Topic / Debate / 27820
Re: 2nd Joe Vig contest entry - How Joe learned to stop worrying and love the bomb
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 2006 09:56:49 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Linus Bohman wrote:

My sentiments as well. I’m glad the rules are enforced, which ensures that this contest is more enjoyable in the end. There really is no need for a greater debate than that.

While there is no need for debate for this particular example I don’t think it is entirely unneccesary. The debate goes beyond the current example into the wider realm of contests, rules, strict interpretations, internet manners etc. Just because this particular example is resolved for the parties concerned doesn’t mean there isn’t legitimate grounds for a general debate.

Tim

PS. As it stands I agree with Nelson that rules of competitions should be enforced, if only because some people may make great efforts to follow them and making them more flexible diminishes those peoples efforts.