 Off-Topic / Debate / 27818
Re: 2nd Joe Vig contest entry - How Joe learned to stop worrying and love the bomb
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 2006 06:24:04 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

   Well, I’ll jump in and agree with Chris and Janey.

‘Big Daddy’, you’re reply was not very considerate. You could have moderated the tone of your reply just a little. Did you canvas the curators of the .vignette group before posting? Or did you assume that everyone would agree with your attitude?

Certainly, you’ve alienated me enough that I will not be entering this contest - and probably any other contest with which you are involved.

BTW, your comment about entering ‘another’ vignette seems to be somewhat inaccurate - I don’t see anywhere on the rules page for the 2nd annual contest that would prohibit the entry from being re-submitted with the correct head. Maybe you could make this clear, if there is a reason the vignette isn’t eligible?

Paul Sinasohn LUGNET #115

It is always hard to get one’s message and tone across in a written medium. I did not find Nelson’s message inconsiderate, or perceived him as having an attitude - it was simply a direct and honest answer. As I stated earlier, in the end I am happy that he knows where to draw the line, making the contest much more enjoyable for everyone.

I have received an e-mail from him and Nathan enabling me to re-enter this later on with the proper head, should I want to. No need to dig any deeper than that :-)

Linus