 Off-Topic / Debate / 27829
Re: 2nd Joe Vig contest entry - How Joe learned to stop worrying and love the bomb
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 2006 14:31:09 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Chris Magno wrote:

<snip>

.

If you want sarcasm just let me know.

Chris

Me!  Me!  Me!!!  I want sarcasm!!!!!!

If it was my contest, and only if it was my contest, I would have stated in 'da
rulz' that Joe Vig has to be composed of such'n such colour of torso, legs, and
use Ron's head.

*However*, I would have also specified that, in lieu of Ron's head, you could
use the classic smilie face 'cause that's all there was from '78 until a few
years back--and if people stopped pruchasing LEGO in the past decade, they would
not have had any minifig head besides the classic smilie face.

See, the torsos and legs that make up Joe Vig have been around since mini-figs
began.  Ron's head--not so much.  I think that's a legitimate consideration.

Sure, Ron's head is easily purchased from Bricklink (or given, as John so
wonderfully demonstrated).  That said, 20ish years of 1 smilie face should also
be deemed sufficient.

But that's just me.

Dave K