 Off-Topic / Debate / 27816
Re: 2nd Joe Vig contest entry - How Joe learned to stop worrying and love the bomb
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 2006 04:47:56 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Richie Dulin wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Marc Nelson Jr. wrote:
   Did you post this message because you are “saddened”, or because you wanted to take a shot at Lenny?

Did you post this message just to defend Lenny, or because you wanted to take a shot at Chris?

(And before you ask: Yes, I am posting this because I want to take a shot at you.)

To defend Lenny (whose reply I found amusing) and also Nelson, who’s being painted as some sort of bad guy for enforcing the rules of his contest. Why would you want to take a shot at me?

   If you don’t like the contest sponsors’ ruling, then do something helpful, like John Neal did.

Why? It seems John’s already posting the mandated head.

That’s why I said “like”. It was an example.

   Or maybe sponsor your own contest - one without rules, perhaps?

Good idea. I wonder what this mysterious contest could be about...

I guess it can be about anything. To make and enforce rules would be mean-spirited, apparently.

   Why all the outrage over the fact that a contest has rules and that those rules were enforced?

If you don’t understand why, maybe you need to think more deeply about it.

   The response is especially inexplicable given that the situation seemed to have been resolved quite nicely before it was taken up as a cause celebre.

That’s what I thought too... until you started demanding that Chris imitate John.

Cheers

Richie Dulin

I don’t think it’s really that complicated. The rules are clear and were fairly enforced; Linus gracefully accepted the ruling; John is helping him comply with the rules. What’s the problem?

Marc Nelson Jr.

Marc’s Creations