 Off-Topic / Debate / 27816
  Re: 2nd Joe Vig contest entry - How Joe learned to stop worrying and love the bomb

(...) To defend Lenny (whose reply I found amusing) and also Nelson, who's being painted as some sort of bad guy for enforcing the rules of his contest. Why would you want to take a shot at me? (...) That's why I said "like". It was an example. (...) (18 years ago, 13-Jun-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: 2nd Joe Vig contest entry - How Joe learned to stop worrying and love the bomb

(...) My sentiments as well. I'm glad the rules are enforced, which ensures that this contest is more enjoyable in the end. There really is no need for a greater debate than that. (18 years ago, 13-Jun-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: 2nd Joe Vig contest entry - How Joe learned to stop worrying and love the bomb

(...) While there is no need for debate for this particular example I don't think it is entirely unneccesary. The debate goes beyond the current example into the wider realm of contests, rules, strict interpretations, internet manners etc. Just (...) (18 years ago, 13-Jun-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)