 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1330
    Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts —John VanZwieten
    "Ben Roller" <broller@mail.clemson.edu> wrote in message news:G54KBx.8K4@lugnet.com... (...) truly (...) various (...) I think people may be reading way too much into this. My guess is that "build any three dimensional creation" is analagous to (...) (23 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

        Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts —Tim Courtney
   "John VanZwieten" <john_vanzwieten@email.msn.com> wrote in message news:G55qKL.6ou@lugnet.com... (...) It probably won't mean *any* piece, but I can imagine that a good assortment of the most desired pieces will be made available. It would be silly (...) (23 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

        Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts —John Matthews
   If LEGO offers all the 'desireable' parts, then they no longer are desireable. LEGO would never do this as it would kill off a good deal of their business, namely, AFOLs. Build On! John Matthews Tim Courtney <tim@zacktron.com> wrote in message (...) (23 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

        Desirable parts (was Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts) —Tom Stangl
     (...) You're joking, right? Garage doors are desirable (highly). If they start selling them Bulk, they're STILL desirable. To BUILD with. I don't amass certain parts because they are desirable (that would be silly, as it would cost me way too much (...) (23 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

         Re: Desirable parts (was Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts) —Gary Istok
      I agree with Tom, I doubt there is anyone with a larger inventory of rare LEGO parts than I have. Yet I am giddy with anticipation about getting more parts that are considered rare. Case in point: sloped bricks --- I have 140 regular sloped 2x2 blue (...) (23 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

          Re: Desirable parts (was Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts) —Eric Kingsley
      (...) Ah finally a sub thread that makes some sense. Both Tom and Gary speak wise words. I will agree that as Bulk parts become available I will almost definitely cut back on the number of sets I buy but I will more then offset that with my bulk (...) (23 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

         Re: Desirable parts (was Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts) —Matthew Greene
     (...) Tom and I often end up bidding on the same lots, he usually wins ;-( deeper pockets, but the point is that we both want MANY more garage doors, for building not collecting, hoarding or resaling. If I had the chance to buy more doors, I'd need (...) (23 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

         Re: Desirable parts (was Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts) —Tom Stangl
     (...) Actually, I'll probably Ebay off about 50 or so of them sometime next year - I'm keeping the colors I DON'T want in order to trade the parts for the colors I DO want. I need very few clear/blue/transblue/grey slats, need TONS of (...) (23 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

        Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) I'm not sure this is completely true, inasmuch as the desirable parts have intrinsic value (contrast with highly desirable collectible stamps). I for one will always value train windows at a non zero amount, because I actually use them in (...) (23 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

         Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts —Jonathan Wilson
      (...) Very true. How many people would buy a metroliner or a black seas baracuda or any other so called "rare" set just because its "rare" and/or valuable? I certainly woudnt. There are only 2 reasons I buy lego: Because I like the design of the (...) (23 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

        Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts —Bryan Wong
   (...) Actually, I think LEGO would benefit greatly (as in, money in their pockets) if they offered the desireable parts because they are simply desireable! However, I'd have mixed feelings about it. On the one hand, it's great that I can get huge (...) (23 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

        Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts —Larry Pieniazek
     Warning, uninformed speculation ahead. That annoys some people (and their annoyance, in turn, bemuses others). (...) I think this is the very MOST that we can hope for and it is in fact a stretch. Although no one can say for sure, the probability (...) (23 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

         Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts —Bryan Wong
     (...) Yep, I'm pretty sure most of us would agree that making *all* parts available would be ridiculously expensive (from TLC's point of view at least). (...) I have a feeling that those people talking with TLC about good parts are representative of (...) (23 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

         Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts —Frank Filz
      (...) Of course interestingly, the colors of doors available have never before been available, so the value of the existing doors probably has only dropped a little. Now windows on the other hand, well, grey windows used to be close to the most rare (...) (23 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

         Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts —Christopher Masi
      (...) snip a lot of stuff that I wasn't going to comment on (...) Weird, I want everyone in the world to copy my trolleys, my caboose, and my train engines (actually only two, maybe three, of them). I don't think anyone will but hey why not dream. (...) (23 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

          Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts —Eric Kingsley
       (...) You might be supprised. I was just checking out your trolley yesterday and I am seriously considering copying it either in total or at least using some of your ideas. I like it a lot and it may one day show up on a NELUG train layout. Eric (...) (23 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

           Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts —Eric Joslin
       (...) Is it... an electric trolley? We all know how popular those are. eric (23 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

           Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts —Eric Kingsley
       (...) Ooh... An inside joke ;-). Yup it is electric and it needs no "help". For those wondering here is Chris' trolley. I happen to like it a lot. (URL) Kingsley The New England LEGO Users Group (URL) (23 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

          Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts —Gary Istok
       (...) I agree with Chris, I too want people to copy my work (if they really like it). I have a lot of rare parts that would certainly drop in value if they were made available again, but then I could build a building with black or gray 1x2x2 (...) (23 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

          Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts —Tom Stangl
      (...) I've seen this argument before, but I want hard data to back it up. We've all heard the bit about worn molds being cast into new build foundations to make sure noone can use them - not COMPLETELY true, as Lego displays a few molds here and (...) (23 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

         Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts —Kyle D. Jackson
     (...) "Rare" can be somewhat simulated by "expensive". If they produce the "rarer" parts in smaller quantities, then those parts should cost more to produce. They should charge a correspondingly higher price. If they sell a 2x4 brick for 1 cent (...) (23 years ago, 10-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

        Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts —Richard Marchetti
     (...) You "prize" the wrong thing, in my view. You prize the collectability of the thing, or the elitism of owning the thing, and not the thing itself. That seems pretty whacky to me, considering we are talking about plastic toys! -- Richard (23 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

        Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts —Mike Stanley
   (...) So? If you "prize" these things for the reason I do, that you LOVE them, how could it be a bad thing to have them become available again? I value pitchforks pretty darn highly. I love the part and I wish I could have 10,000 of them. But it (...) (23 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

        Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts —Sheree Rosenkrantz
   (...) Well said! With the introduction of the Mickey Mouse sets, some Fabuland elements which had been near impossible to find much less afford became both available and affordable. It is a glorious feeling to have some elements that I thought I (...) (23 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)