 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1375
Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 09:25:34 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, John Matthews writes:
If LEGO offers all the 'desireable' parts, then they no longer are
desireable.  LEGO would never do this as it would kill off a good deal of
their business, namely, AFOLs.

Actually, I think LEGO would benefit greatly (as in, money in their pockets)
if they offered the desireable parts because they are simply desireable!

However, I'd have mixed feelings about it.  On the one hand, it's great that
I can get huge amounts of pitchforks (for example), but then the one
pitchfork that I currently own wouldn't be special (to me) anymore.

Taken a step further, sets that are "no longer available" will once again be
available, somehow or another!  (My "prized" Black Seas Barracuda wouldn't
be "prized" anymore!)

So secretly, I hope for the middle ground: LEGO should make MOST (but not
all) pieces available for us to access.

Bryan