 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1416
Re: Desirable parts (was Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 20:42:20 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Tom Stangl writes:
John Matthews wrote:

If LEGO offers all the 'desireable' parts, then they no longer are
desireable.  LEGO would never do this as it would kill off a good deal of
their business, namely, AFOLs.

You're joking, right?

Garage doors are desirable (highly).  If they start selling them Bulk, they're
STILL desirable.  To BUILD with.

Tom and I often end up bidding on the same lots, he usually wins ;-( deeper
pockets, but the point is that we both want MANY more garage doors, for
building not collecting, hoarding or resaling.

If I had the chance to buy more doors, I'd need more plate, bricks and
slopes to build the models I'm collecting the doors for.  Greater access to
"special" parts will cause us to buy more "basic" bricks not less.
.

I now have about 120-150 complete garage doors (I'd have to inventory to know
the exact #, but I have verified 120).   If they offered them in Bulk tomorrow,
I'd order 50-200 more right away, depending on price and color selections.

WOW, I knew I had lost quite a few to you, but 150!  Share the wealth ;-)

Just ask others about pitchforks - most people that want them want dozens for
layouts.
--
Tom Stangl

Matthew Greene