 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1429
Re: Desirable parts (was Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 22:23:01 GMT

Matthew Greene wrote:

I now have about 120-150 complete garage doors (I'd have to inventory to know
the exact #, but I have verified 120).   If they offered them in Bulk tomorrow,
I'd order 50-200 more right away, depending on price and color selections.

WOW, I knew I had lost quite a few to you, but 150!  Share the wealth ;-)

Actually, I'll probably Ebay off about 50 or so of them sometime next year - I'm
keeping the colors I DON'T want in order to trade the parts for the colors I DO
want.  I need very few clear/blue/transblue/grey slats, need TONS of
white/black/red/yellow slats (also need tons of black/yellow/white slotted 1x2s).
I've had many successful trades with people, part-for-part, to get the parts each of
us want.

Once I have a decent # of complete doors in the colors I want, I'll sell off a bunch
of red frames with clear/transblue slats and blue/grey bottom slats.  And all those
nasty transorange slats too.

But if LEGO comes out with the doors before then, it won't bother me a bit, I'll buy
tons more of the colors I want, and keep the "unwanted" ones for special projects
here and there.

Oh, and only 103 of the doors are separate from sets - the rest are in multiple
copies of sets (which is why I don't know the exact #, I have to inventory the # of
each set I have).