 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1389
Re: Desirable parts (was Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 15:27:57 GMT

I agree with Tom,

I doubt there is anyone with a larger inventory of rare LEGO parts than I have.
Yet I am giddy with anticipation about getting more parts that are considered
rare.  Case in point:  sloped bricks --- I have 140 regular sloped 2x2 blue outside
corners.  These are very hard to come by, and I could probably sell them for a nice
profit.  But no, I want more!!!!   (I don't just collect, I build.)  I would be
happy if everyone got the opportunity to get these pieces as well.   I don't much
care if these pieces are rare or not.  It may diminish the value of my collection,
but it increases the opportunity for me and others to build collossal structures.

My 2 cents,
Gary Istok

"Tom Stangl, VFAQman" wrote:

John Matthews wrote:

If LEGO offers all the 'desireable' parts, then they no longer are
desireable.  LEGO would never do this as it would kill off a good deal of
their business, namely, AFOLs.

You're joking, right?

Garage doors are desirable (highly).  If they start selling them Bulk, they're
STILL desirable.  To BUILD with.

I don't amass certain parts because they are desirable (that would be silly, as
it would cost me way too much money), I amass them because I want to build with
them.

I now have about 120-150 complete garage doors (I'd have to inventory to know
the exact #, but I have verified 120).   If they offered them in Bulk tomorrow,
I'd order 50-200 more right away, depending on price and color selections.

Just ask others about pitchforks - most people that want them want dozens for
layouts.

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/