 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1393
Re: Desirable parts (was Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 15:48:48 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Gary Istok writes:
I agree with Tom,

I doubt there is anyone with a larger inventory of rare LEGO parts than I
have.  Yet I am giddy with anticipation about getting more parts that are
considered rare.  Case in point:  sloped bricks --- I have 140 regular sloped
2x2 blue outside corners.  These are very hard to come by, and I could
probably sell them for a nice profit.  But no, I want more!!!!   (I don't just
collect, I build.)  I would be happy if everyone got the opportunity to get
these pieces as well.   I don't much care if these pieces are rare or not.  It
may diminish the value of my collection, but it increases the opportunity for
me and others to build collossal structures.

Ah finally a sub thread that makes some sense.  Both Tom and Gary speak wise
words.  I will agree that as Bulk parts become available I will almost
definitely cut back on the number of sets I buy but I will more then offset
that with my bulk purchases.

I had a relatively long dark age, 13 years, and because of that I missed out on
lots of parts I would love to get but I am not willing to spend what I would
have to on eBay for the parts.  Among some of the parts I would like to see
brought back are.

1. Garage Doors
2. 2 wheeled Motor Cycles
3. Ship Hulls

Other parts I would like to be able to order but are hard to get in quantity at
the moment are.

1.  1x4x3 basic windows, shutters, pains.
2.  All 45 degree slope varrients in currently rare colors
3.  Large plates.
4.  Studded Technic Beams (Especially long ones)
5.  Flowers (with stems)

Plus a lot more.  The ability to get these parts without paying a huge price
tag or getting a set where half the parts are useless to me would if anything
increase the amount I spend on LEGO because I won't be worried about all the
downsides to storing the parts I don't use so much (No I won't give them to
you).

The ability to get the parts you want in the colors you want is a good thing
even if it will no doubt be limited in scope.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/