 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1465
Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sun, 10 Dec 2000 00:43:27 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Bryan Wong writes:

I wish for some parts not to be available so that our collections are
unique.  I prefer seeing your train station with 10 rare pieces, and my
castle with 10 rare pieces, rather than clones of your station and my
castle.  I want our creations to remain unique!  I want rare pieces to
remain rare!

"Rare" can be somewhat simulated by "expensive".  If they produce
the "rarer" parts in smaller quantities, then those parts should
cost more to produce.  They should charge a correspondingly higher
price.  If they sell a 2x4 brick for 1 cent (whatever) then they
should sell garage doors for $10 each if they cost a lot to produce
in the small quantities.  That may discourage people from
trying to corner the market in those parts.  They'll be available,
and cheaper than auction droppings, but won't be dirt cheap.

KDJ
LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada