 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1372
Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 07:23:11 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, John Matthews writes:
If LEGO offers all the 'desireable' parts, then they no longer are
desireable.  LEGO would never do this as it would kill off a good deal of
their business, namely, AFOLs.

I'm not sure this is completely true, inasmuch as the desirable parts have
intrinsic value (contrast with highly desirable collectible stamps). I for
one will always value train windows at a non zero amount, because I actually
use them in designs.

Further, I don't think TLC is making a great deal off the market in used
pitchforks, for example, so making pitchforks available as an element isn't
going to cost TLC any lost set sales.

There's SOME truth to your assertion, John, I bought 5542s because of
certain parts they have, not because of their value as models qua models.

++Lar