 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1442
Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 8 Dec 2000 18:31:20 GMT

Christopher Masi wrote:

Bryan Wong wrote:

snip a lot of stuff that I wasn't going to comment on

I wish for some parts not to be available so that our collections are
unique.  I prefer seeing your train station with 10 rare pieces, and my
castle with 10 rare pieces, rather than clones of your station and my
castle.  I want our creations to remain unique!  I want rare pieces to
remain rare!

Weird, I want everyone in the world to copy my trolleys, my caboose, and my
train engines (actually only two, maybe three, of them). I don't think anyone
will but hey why not dream. To be copied...what a compliment.

snip a bit more

Chris

Bryan

--
PGP public key available upon request.

I agree with Chris,  I too want people to copy my work (if they really like it).
I have a lot of rare parts that would certainly drop in value if they were made
available again, but then I could build a building with black or gray 1x2x2
windows or low slope yellow corner bricks.  If they produce rare parts again, I
will buy them in bulk.  If they don't, then my buildings will remain unique, and
my rare parts will remain rare.  I guess it is a win/win situation for me.  But I
prefer to give others the opportunity that I had in the 1980's when I had the
rare LEGO parts market all to myself (or so I thought).  And I seriously doubt
that TLC will make parts that no longer have a working mold (large spoked wheels,
older classic windows, etc).

Gary Istok