 General / 54048
Re: Brickshelf Status
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 20 Jul 2007 20:34:54 GMT

In lugnet.general, Mike Rayhawk wrote:
   In lugnet.general, Marc Nelson Jr. wrote:
   I don’t know about other AFOLs, but right now I have very little trust in Brickshelf’s continued viability, and certainly not enough to give you $60 a year.

Maybe things could have been handled differently, and it’s hard not to have similar concerns, but speaking personally, Brickshelf has been a big part of my online life for a long time. Once I feel like I’ve made even a dent in paying back for all the years that I’ve already been using it for free, maybe then I’ll think about future viability.

I can’t really fault anybody if some people have drawn more value out of having Brickshelf than others over the years; not everyone’s been around as long or been active to the same degree, and how much you’ve appreciated that service in the meantime is your own business. But in my case it’s hard to worry too much about the way the future may or may not go, given all the value I’ve already gotten out of having it around.

Well said, Mike.

JOHN