 General / 54022
Re: Brickshelf Status
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 20 Jul 2007 14:18:37 GMT

Hi Kevin
You certainly got your message through!

As I’ve said elsewhere, I’m not personally one of those people that clog up your badwidth, because I have way too little time surfing for lego, and because I upload most of my pictures to my own website.
However, on the way home in the train, I went through my webpage and found 10 pages with links to at least 20 different mocs on brickshelf.

So basically I could look forward to a weekend of downloading pictures of these mocs and my vast favorite lists (on two computers) to my hard-pressed harddisk, as well as to several weeks of figuring out a way to host those pictures in a satisfying manner, changing a large part of my webpage, while trying to organize the rest of the loot, figure out what I’d missed so I could spend the next one downloading more - and still miss unbearably many mocs.
And I wouldn’t even begin to consider the 2000 posts I’ve made on various forums...

Now that you’ve decided to let Brickshelf live, I can do some of the things I’d hoped to do before all this came up - that the community will benefit from - like scanning concept art from some really cool comic books that are pretty unknown in the US, uploading one of my newer mocs (october 22 2006 (!)), photograph some new mocs for a contest, and having some quality building-time for a change!

So many, many thanks for letting Brickshelf live so we can all spend our time on things that bring new value to the community instead of falling over eachother to save what can be saved.

With the very best wishes

Niels Bugge

PS: Regarding bandwidth, wouldn’t it help a lot if you simply banned .bmp-files and files above certain dimensions (like 1600 or 1200xN)?