 General / 52395

Subject:
What is your favorite MOC of all time?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2006 16:56:58 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

I regulary look at brickshelf for new creations, but I know that there are so
many other creations out there that I (or someone else for that matter) have
never seen. So I thought it would be intresting to see other MOCS there may be
out there..

What is your most favorite creation (MOC) by another builder?

Post a link if possible.

Jeff VW

Re: What is your favorite MOC of all time?
In lugnet.general, Jeff Van Winden wrote:

What is your most favorite creation (MOC) by another builder?

It took me a bit to find it again, but the Alien Queen by Jeff Ranjo.

<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=61438>

The original Lugnet post is here:

<http://news.lugnet.com/announce/moc/?n=1534>

-Elroy

Re: What is your favorite MOC of all time?
In lugnet.general, Jeff Van Winden wrote:
I regulary look at brickshelf for new creations, but I know that there are so
many other creations out there that I (or someone else for that matter) have
never seen. So I thought it would be intresting to see other MOCS there may be
out there..

What is your most favorite creation (MOC) by another builder?

Post a link if possible.

There's so many good ones!  My favourites are early models by James Mathis,
especially the BOB train from Germany:

This DB Class 212 / V100 from Michael Jasper was always impressive:

Otherdam Junction from Erik Brok is an amazing train/town construction:
http://ericbrok.com/legomind/index.htm?s=models

This set of buildings by "Pudie" has always inspired me:

Anything by Pierre Normandin is great too.

Calum

Re: What is your favorite MOC of all time?
In lugnet.general, Jeff Van Winden wrote:
I regulary look at brickshelf for new creations, but I know that there are so
many other creations out there that I (or someone else for that matter) have
never seen. So I thought it would be intresting to see other MOCS there may be
out there..

What is your most favorite creation (MOC) by another builder?

Post a link if possible.

Jeff VW

Favorite?  I don't think I could pick an all time favorite, but I remember being
really impressed with and old time gas station that, I think, Thomas Avery
(please correct me if I am wrong) created for a contest a few years ago.  I was
unable to find it, but I remember going: Wow!.

Does anyone recall the MOC I am referring to?  It had an airplane propeller as a
ceiling fan.

Jonathan

Re: What is your favorite MOC of all time?
In lugnet.general, Jonathan Lopes wrote:
<snip>
Favorite?  I don't think I could pick an all time favorite, but I remember being
really impressed with and old time gas station that, I think, Thomas Avery
(please correct me if I am wrong) created for a contest a few years ago.  I was
unable to find it, but I remember going: Wow!.

Does anyone recall the MOC I am referring to?  It had an airplane propeller as a
ceiling fan.

Jonathan

Is it this?

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/5828

--
Thomas Main
thomasmain@charter.net

Re: What is your favorite MOC of all time?
In lugnet.general, Jonathan Lopes wrote:
<snip>
Favorite?  I don't think I could pick an all time favorite, but I remember being
really impressed with and old time gas station that, I think, Thomas Avery
(please correct me if I am wrong) created for a contest a few years ago.  I was
unable to find it, but I remember going: Wow!.

Does anyone recall the MOC I am referring to?  It had an airplane propeller as a
ceiling fan.

Jonathan

Is it this?

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/5828

--
Thomas Main
thomasmain@charter.net

Indeed it is!  My apologies for the mistake.  Two Thomases (among a few others)
that build really good MOC's.

Thanks for posting the link.   It  is as nice as I remembered it!

Best,
Jonathan

Re: What is your favorite MOC of all time?
In lugnet.general, Jeff Van Winden wrote:
I regulary look at brickshelf for new creations, but I know that there are so
many other creations out there that I (or someone else for that matter) have
never seen. So I thought it would be intresting to see other MOCS there may be
out there..

What is your most favorite creation (MOC) by another builder?

Post a link if possible.

A couple of mine include:

http://bosman.victorb.org/lego/html/intro/cmno04.html
The one that got me into LEGO cranes.

http://www.genuinemodels.com/demag_crane.htm
One of my favourite cranes.

http://www.texbrick.com/creations/bridge_4/index.html
One of my favourite bridge designs.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/zephyr1934/NMRA-2005/nmra-2005.jpg
Another great bridge.

One of my favourite locomotives.

http://www.bmts.com/~bccook/redbrick.htm
My favourite "micro" creation.

ROSCO

Re: What is your favorite MOC of all time?
In lugnet.general, Jeff Van Winden wrote:
What is your most favorite creation (MOC) by another builder?
I could look at this all day

Post a link if possible.

Re: What is your favorite MOC of all time?