 General / 52419
Re: What is your favorite MOC of all time?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2006 23:01:04 GMT

In lugnet.general, Doug Foreman wrote:

This is one I agree as one of finest MOC I've ever scene. If fans can do stuff
like this, why can't Lego? It isn't like it is gigantic.

Maybe not in size but I think the piececount would scare you... and that's what
ultimately makes a large part of the set price. Look at the LEGO Factory sets, I
found them quite expensive, until I saw the list of parts on Peeron for them...
quite impressive!

Second : wouldn't work in the new grey colours [1]

Other than that, it's not very suitable for kids to play with, many things are
just too fragile for that. Don't forget LEGO's primary target group.
I'm still amazed how well Dan Siskind's blacksmith shop survived the conversion
from AFOL MOC to mainstream product. Then again, the original was already closer
to the LEGO style than in this case

Another great (series of) MOC(s) I just thought of :
http://www.vanree.net/fotoalbum/javanree/lego/frechen2006/Andreas_Oppermann/
The German train collection of Andreas Oppermann, presented in an equally
wonderful MOC of the former Leipzig railroad station. Specially the V160, V200
and E44 are stunning...

So much talent in this community!
--
Jan-Albert van Ree

[1] With me, you HAD to expect me to slam the colour change in somewhere...
c'mon didn't everybody see that coming