 General / 52411
Re: What is your favorite MOC of all time?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 4 Apr 2006 19:11:26 GMT

Jeff Van Winden wrote:

I regulary look at brickshelf for new creations, but I know that there are
so many other creations out there that I (or someone else for that matter)
have never seen. So I thought it would be intresting to see other MOCS
there may be out there..

What is your most favorite creation (MOC) by another builder?

Impossible to name one...

Casper van Nimwegen's worker houses were a great inspiration for me to start
building better and more detailled buildings :
http://www.vanree.net/fotoalbum/javanree/lego/rail_2003/day4/tn/img_0004.jpg.html

Patrick Yrizarry's Japanese Restaurant
The building techniques, the amount of details, just amazing!

The last one is impossible to grasp just from the pic...
http://www.vanree.net/fotoalbum/javanree/lego/reims_juli2005/legnome_constructionworker.jpg
It was built by Pascal Breard from FreeLUG. The construction worker stands
on a 2*2 turntable, which in turn is placed upon a 2*16 plate, which is
only fixed on one end. The other end runs against a 24T gear which rotates
every now and then at medium speed. This causes the 2*16 plate to tremble,
something which is magnified by the turntable, making it appear as if the
worker is really operating that jackhammer. Bonus : the sound of the gear
over the plate and the rattling inside the turntable!
So simple, but SOOO effective
--
Jan-Albert van Ree   | http://www.vanree.net/brickpiles/