 General / 44585
Re: Very Sad News....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.people
Date:
Thu, 25 Dec 2003 21:49:06 GMT

In lugnet.general, Suzanne Rich Green wrote:
   I’m sure Todd L too will be shaken by this sad news.

I can’t imagine how painful this must be for Travis’s closest friends. Though I only had the pleasure of meeting Travis a couple of brief times at NELUG gatherings, he was the kind of guy who instantly made you feel at ease around him, he had a great sense of humor, and was generally a lot of fun to be in the same room with.

Also, he had the Coolest Hair ever.

Half in shock and half in doubt when I heard the news, I called JonP, and I remember mentioning to Jon that my hands were shaking. I went to bed that night feeling an awful knot in my chest and had a lot of trouble falling asleep. I remember waking several times during the night and wondering what was wrong in the world and then it suddenly coming back to me. It was kind of like mini-shock every time I woke up, because I’d forgotten during my sleep.

The hardest part for me personally is living with the fact that my chance to get to know Travis better is now completely gone. His name must have come up fifty times during NWBrickCon in October and I’d been planning to contact him to see if he would allow me to interview him and photograph some of his MOCs -- only I kept putting it off because he lived right here in town and I had other plans for November and December. I feel deep guilt not only for missing the opportunity but for the pain I feel when I think about how much I would have enjoyed spending an afternoon or evening with Travis, just talking about life and LEGO.

All in all this is very sad for me, and I can’t even imagine how sad it must be for people who really knew him. His passing is a tragic loss.

--Todd