 General / 44564
Re: Very Sad News....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 24 Dec 2003 16:11:16 GMT

In lugnet.general, Joe Meno wrote:
   In lugnet.general, Yaron Dori wrote: snip

I actually never knew him (beside his name and his creations), but I want to send my condolence to his family and friends.

I wanted to suggest something as a continue to Sylvi idea. Maybe on the coming up brickfest we can dedicate a room or something that will present all of his LEGO MOC’s.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=elkane

I really don’t know what else to say...

Yaron

A suggestion has been submitted to me to include a “missing man formation” in honor of Travis at the BrickFest Flyin, and I am pursuing that idea. Those interested, please drop me a line.

Travis was going to put quite a bit of work into the BrickFest PDX LDraw image gallery, presenting many of his fine works rendered beautifully and framed. I was looking forward to working with him and putting it together. I’d like to continue the idea of the gallery, in his memory.

A couple months ago, he sent me a framed/matted printout of my mobile crane model, rendered in POV 3.5, and signed it. He didn’t ask for anything in return for it. I hung it up in my room, now I will always treasure the picture he gave to me.

What a wonderful person Travis was, I’m very sad that he’s gone now :( Let’s not forget him.

-Tim